Wednesday, January 22, 2014

who knew

It was a bold assumption to think my second child would be mellow.  Very bold. Based on my logic it wouldn't be possible or fair to have a second child as crazy as the first.  Makes total sense. Right?  Wrong.  Very wrong. M is the true definition of a high maintenance gal.  Can't imagine where she gets that from. Takes one to know one. He haw. She is a spunky, loud, hyperactive three year old with absolutely no listening skills.  Okay, I can deal.


Now throw NPF4 into the mix. I can't deal. NPF4 is feistier, louder and fiercer than M.  Yup, you read that correctly.  Fiercer. My 22 pound fifteen month old has a temper unmatched by no other (well, maybe his mama.) The kid is totes insane.  My little guy is a wrecking ball, leaving a path of destruction behind him wherever he goes...

Went to the doc's office on Friday and was checking in at the front desk. M decides to take off her boots. When I'm done with check-in M is sitting in the waiting room picking her nose and NPF4 is nowhere in sight.  "M where is NPF4? Where are your boots?  Please stop picking your nose." She points to the bathroom. I open the door and M's boots are submerged in the toilet while NPF4 has a smile from ear to ear and is holding up his hand waiting for me to slap him a high-five.  Now, it's totes impossible to get mad at the kid because he is beyond clueless.  I mean c'mon, I'm still basking in the fact that he just learned to wave and high-five. So, being the amazing mom that I am - I did nothing except text my friends to tell them.

Now trust me, I get it's not an easy age.  The kid is into everything. But I truly, never in my wildest dreams thought that both of my kids would be certifiable.  I know what your thinking - apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Why is it that M & NPF4 seem to have inherited all of my best qualities - they have explosive tempers, are annoyingly loud and are incapable of comprehending the word NO. It's totes not a part of their vocab. Things that make you go hmmm.

So who knew two crazies were a potential? It sure wasn't on my radar. That's all I've got. I must enjoy some me time because M & NPF4 are at daycare today while this gal has a snow day. File this under: WINNING. xox

No comments: