Tuesday, January 21, 2014

we've got a situation

It's a hairy one. M is obsessed with having her hair did. Yup.  I have a daughter who convulses with excitement over pigtails, ponytails, braids, and barrettes.  Really M?   M successfully sports a receding hairline, mullet and is already showing signs of balding.  It's possible folks.  Just look at my gal. Be jealous.

So here's the problem.  I don't do hair.  I don't do makeup either but we can address this in a few years when she asks me to buy her an eyelash curler.  I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those devices in my house. I digress.

For those of you fortunate enough to know me  you are aware of the fact that I've had the same hairstyle (actually it's not even a style) since about 1986.  It's simple.  I get up.  I shower. Two strokes of the brush through my lovely locks and presto I have a glamorous low ponytail.  It suits me.  I think. I mean I look a tad like a boy but whateves. I don't have a clue  how to blow dry my hair never mind attempting to style it. I couldn't be bothered. On the rare occasion I'm feeling incredibly ambitions I use my flatiron and straighten it BUT my flatiron does not require my hair to be dry.  Yup, I run it through my soaking wet hair. The results are amazing. I lie.

Back to M. My little lady repeatedly asks me to do her hair.  I always deflect. Let's go eat cupcakes, let's go watch Dora (I DESPISE DORA). I go to great lengths to avoid this arduous task.  I'll pretty much offer her anything in an attempt to distract her from having her hair done. Anything. Three days a week M goes to daycare and low and behold every time I pick her up she has the cutest little pigtails or braids. Seriously, she looks adorbs.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone on Sunday and this happened:


It looks strikingly similar to a rattail. I believe the rattail was popular for all of 20 seconds back in the 80's. Apparently I have an affinity for 80's hairstyles.  Who knew.

Since 2014 is my biatch and it's all about me bettering myself, perhaps I'll take a class on popular hairstyles for three year olds.

I know what you're thinking - mom of the year. I get that a lot. Another lie. xox

No comments: