Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dearest M

M-

You are fierce.  I love this about you. You're stubborn, determined, sweet and o' so smart. You're bossy. You have a propensity to lead.  You love being the center of attention. You love having your hair done and your toe nails painted.  Pink and purple are your fav colors. Barf. You're in love with your brother whom you've dubbed "little rabbit." You have a zest for life and I'm quite certain you've adopted my "unless it's fun I don't want to do it" mentality. Um, this is bad  for a tot of your age and beautiful thing when you reach mine. Unfortch, they'll be oodles of things you'll have to endure that aren't "fun" in the years ahead. Grin and bare it little lady. Sorry in advance.

M, I love so many things about you, but I beg of you to STOP hitting me, pushing and kicking your brother, spitting your milk out to be cute, stealing my DY jewels and hiding them under your pillow, helping yourself to all the goodies in the fridge, wearing my undies around your neck as a necklace, going into my closet and trashing it, throwing your Dunkin' Donuts bag out of the car window while I'm driving, dumping the sea glass we collected over the summer into NPF4's crib, tying the scarf (stolen from said closet) around NPF4's neck and telling him to giddy-up like a horse, asking to look at my toots after I go the bathroom, tossing yourself on the ground when you don't get your way (the flailing of your arms and legs is totes annoying), taking my water bottle and drinking out of it leaving a wad of snot behind, using my legs as a tissue to wipe your nose, rummaging through my bag stealing my credit cards and then not telling me where you hid them, peeing on the couch, shampooing your bestie's hair in suncreen- coating my entire bed as well as the walls and floor with sunscreen (stay away from the damn sunscreen), arguing with me about what you're going to wear to school, letting the dog into the shower when I'm in there, calling me Becky instead of mom.

Oh, and one last thing - please stop ignoring me when I talk.

You're a hot ticket. You are you - your own unique self and don't ever apologize for that. However, I do think a few apologies are in order for the aforementioned offenses. Yes, offenses. I know, I sound like your dad.

I don't want you to ever change M (maybe just address some of the behaviors above).  Don't ever lose that smile, your willingness to learn or that insanely infectious laugh. I thank you for making my life eventful, messy and pretty much worth living. Shine on M. Shine on.

xox
Becky Mom






No comments: