Thursday, July 18, 2013

Um, no

Good morning.  I'm gonna tear it up folks. Watch out.  If you see me today do yourself a favor - walk in the other direction.

Okay, here we go...

Got home from work last night went upstairs to M's room.  Hear a strange hissing noise. Look around. Nothing.  Step in the direction of the noise onto the area rug. My feet sink.  Water starts rising up from the rug and begins seeping onto the hardwood. The radiator is squirting water. Um, no. No. No. Rug is totally saturated. Stuffed animals soaked.  PB floor cushion and Land of Nod bean bag also saturated.  Dirty gross water everywhere.  Run to the attic grab a huge bin to catch the water.  Meanwhile M & N are downstairs left to their own devices. N crying and M whining.  Put the bin in M's room and go downstairs to check on my little naughties. Crying, whining - what else is new.  Here is where I went horribly wrong - I picked up the phone and called the big guy.  Major freak out.  Hang up phone and do the next most logical thing.  I opened my front door { N now in my arms and M hanging on my leg} and yelled I NEED HELP.  My adorable neighbor was in her front yard watering the lawn and came over. She held N in one arm and a mop in the other.  I held M in one arm and a mop in the other.  Mopped the floor.  Attempted to roll rug and move it - water went EVERYWHERE.  The water had saturated the rug so much that we couldn't even move it. Awesome. This mini flood seeped through to the ceiling of the family room.  The ceiling is now stained, cracked, peeling and bubbling. Really awesome.

Go to bed at 9:30.

The big guy wakes me up at 11:30. Sits on the side of the bed and tells me he's done. Okay.  So I think to myself he finally came to his senses and is going to divorce me.  Nope.  I wouldn't be so lucky. Instead, he goes on a 15 minute tirade about how he is unsatisfied with the contractor and is going to make him stop working on our house.  Um, no.  Did he honestly wake me up to tell me this?  On a good night I get about 4 hours sleep and he just woke me from a dead sleep to rant about this?  He proceeds to tell me he has written an email to the contractor and before he sends it he wants me to give it a gander.  It's now 11:50.  He can't be serious.  Yes, he is serious.  I walk downstairs and read a 4 page email  with the subject line "work stoppage".  You've got to be joking.  I tell the big guy to relax - second biggest mistake of the evening. This led to another rant. This rant somehow turned to the paint colors which he so eloquently told me sucked. Thanks. Blah Blah blah.  He just keeps talking.  Stop.  Just stop. 

Moving on from the "work stoppage" conversation.  He then asks me if I will print out a return address label because he has to send something back to Cracks & Racks. Um, no.  Again, is he serious.  Not to mention what the hell is Cracks and Racks? Apparently he bought something for his truck - it was the wrong item and now he needed to return it.  What? What? What?  

He's done?  For god sake - I'm done.  I walked away; actually ran away and went upstairs back to bed. Obv I couldn't fall asleep so I went on Pinterest to look at paint colors.  

To add insult to injury {we're still mourning the loss of our built-ins} we were given an estimate for a glass shower door. $2,300.  Um, no.  

Clearly the big guy and I are in the wrong professions.  Note to self: encourage my children to learn a trade. Forget spending 150K on undergrad and grad school.  Plumber, electrician, mason, carpenter - that is where it's at folks. 

Um, yes - I'm done. xox


No comments: