Wednesday, July 24, 2013

thanks for being honest...

On Saturday I tell the big guy that  I want to give being a stay at home mom a whirl. Yes, I actually said this. Now breathe. Big guy immediately responds with: being a mom doesn't really come natural to you.  Your just not a natural. I think it's best for you, our marriage and the kids if you continue working part time. Ouch. 

Hey, thanks for your honesty and your vote of confidence too. 

Let's get something straight - I recognize  I'm not a natural.  In fact, I've said it before myself.  I'm not gonna lie though, when someone else utters those words it kind of stings. As much as I hate to admit it the big guy may be right.  He's right roughly 86% of the time when it comes to family matters.  Case in point....

Today I was in NPF4's room changing his diaper.  M was in the room being her usual chipper shelf. For no reason at all she decides to slam the bedroom door shut.  No biggie except for the fact that the door gets stuck and I can't open it.  I am now trapped in a bedroom the size of a jail cell with both kids at 6:30am. I start sweating, crying, laughing.  I'm a mess because  I can't think of anything worse than being TRAPPED in a room with my kids {eh hem - possible sign I should NOT be a sahm}. I open the bedroom window and shout "I need help". My neighbor {the same one that helped me with the flood last week} was outside and came running over.  I was talking to her through the second floor window but I was laughing and crying at the same time.  All I could muster was "we're stuck". She came inside and freed me from my worst nightmare. 

So maybe the big guy is right more like 96% of the time. Whatever the percentage - I'm clearly not wired to be a sahm. xox


No comments: