Wednesday, June 5, 2013

roadtrip

Tomorrow at 11am my swell little fam will hop in the Volvo for what I am assuming will be a lovely car ride to North Conway.  {are you picking up on the sarcasm?}We are heading to Storyland with two other families.  Six kids total. Ages four and under.  Can you say shit-show? Oh, and it's supposed to rain the entire weekend.  So perhaps shit-show isn't appropriate.  It's gonna be more like a clusterf--k.  I can get away with the s word but if I write the f word my mom will be all over me.  No joke.

Anyway, I started packing the car on Monday and I'm still not done. Seriously. At least I have the  necessities packed and ready to go. By necessities I mean snacks and bubbles.  I have dedicated an entire tote to only the healthiest of foods: goldfish, oreos, tostitos, chips, ritz and of course m&m's. Yes, I feed/bribe my two year old with m&m's. Stop judging. Your just jealous you didn't think of this.

In addition to my tote o' treats I also have an arsenal of bubbles.  Magic bubbles, Disney bubbles, Hello Kitty bubbles, bubble wands, bubble guns, bubble shooters.  We've got bubbles folks - and lots of em'. I drew the line at colored bubbles because those suckers stain. I wouldn't want to trash my stylin wagon now would I?

As for music, M is currently crushing on Selena Gomez - Come and Get It and Icona Pop's - I love It.  I've got a sneaking suspicion we're going to be bobbing our heads to these delightful tunes on repeat the entire car ride. I'm sure the big guy will be thrilled with this music selection.

Perhaps a better use of my time would be to convince our friends with the mammoth SUV to take my little naughties in their car and I can take all the luggage in mine.  How amazeballs would that be? M & N can sit in their third row and while I'm thinking about it they might as well take the big guy too.  Just strap him to the roof. Brilliant.

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to some forced family fun. Rain, junk food, bubbles, teeny bopper music  and all. xox


No comments: