Tuesday, June 4, 2013

lessons learned

Hello. Saturday evening I went to the fundraiser that I wrote about last week. Good event.  Nice evening. Great cause.

I did however have a last minute change o' plans.  The big guy ended up staying home to watch our little devils, which wasn't a bad thing as there were far too many gents at this gala event sporting pink coral pantaloons. He probably would have written them all tickets or handcuffed them on the spot for not being "manly" enough. I can't say that I would blame him.  Trust me, I'm a HUGE fan of the J Crew, Vineyard Vines -  I wanna look like I'm a native of Nantucket getup.  I adore this look BUT it takes a certain kind of guy to successfully pull it off. Enough said.

So I put on this little frock, threw on some flats and let my hair dry au naturale. Presto.  I was good to go.  I was quite happy with my ensemble.  Walked downstairs and asked the big guy if he liked my dress. No.  Actually he said "no" and then followed up with  "I really don't like it all". UGH.

Hey,  thanks buddy. Love you too.  Hope the kids stay up all night and raise hell. Which they did not.  They were fast asleep by 7:15.  I'm lucky if I can get them down before 9:00.

Got in the wagon and went to pick up my date. The 6'9 {not really but close} beauty walks out in a red one shoulder dress.  Tall, tan and tone.  Really? Again, UGH.  Of all the gals I could have attended this event with I opt for the one that should grace the cover of this month's Elle mag. I'm no shortie and I'm certainly not fat but next to this gal - I looked like a pasty white marshmallow.  Thanks C.

See? Truer words never written.


Lessons learned from my evening out:
1} I need a tan
2} I need to start wearing heels
3} I need to select my future date with caution.  Next year I will invite one of my ghostly white friends that is 5'2 WITH heels on.
4}I need a tan

Live and learn folks.  Live and learn. xox

No comments: