Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Busted

Hey.  So it's been over two weeks since I've been on FB.  I am a free woman.  Liberated.  That's all I have to say about that.

Onward.

The reno is moving along swimmingly.  I'm still in love with my contractor and his crew. Whoot.

Let's get down to biz.  It's sTORRE time folks.

The bathroom vanity was delivered to my house today.  A.MAZ.ING.  The smooth curved edges of the gleaming white marble... aaaahhhh.  I was in my glory. I scored a double vanity for $1200.  Apparently in the world of bathroom vanities this is incredibly cheap.  Lest I remind you I am a teacher and my hubby a police officer.  You do the math.  We are not rich although I think I would be pretty damn good at it if we were.  I think $1200 for a vanity that I'm just gonna spit my toothpaste in is a lot of money.

So as I'm standing in the garage staring at my gorg vanity Bob the plumber walks in.  His words - oh wow.  That vanity is a mess. You're going to have to send it back.  Apparently while  basking in my fabulousness I failed to noticed that the two porcelain sinks had come detached from the marble counter top and smashed into the shelf below.  Two broken sinks.  One broken shelf.  Thanks Bob.  You are observant. I am not.

WTF.  Are you serious. I now have a 320 pound BUSTED vanity taking up my entire garage.  The big guy is gonna love coming home to that monstrosity of a mess. Honestly, I'm so over trying to save money.  Clearly, I'm horrible at it. Every time I try to save or take a shortcut it ends up costing me the big guy even more money. I tried. I failed.  I quit.

Tomorrow I start over. Equipped with big Pete's BOA card I will purchase a bathroom vanity that will likely BUST our budget.  Stay tuned.

PS- I'm not posting any pics of this o' so lovely project.   I plan on hosting a party of epic proportions to show off our new digs at the end of the summah.  Considering yourself lucky if you get an invite. He haw. xox




No comments: