Thursday, April 4, 2013

HBD Big Pete

 The big guy turns 34 today. Let's do some math. We've been together since 1998.  Its now 2013. A little subtraction for ya  {2013-1998= 15}. Together for 15 years. Wow. We have spent almost half our lives together in bliss.  High five or hurl worthy? Not sure. Decide for yourself.

Polar opposites except for the things that matter. Perfectly alined when it comes to our morals, values and beliefs - especially our immense dislike for the POTUS. We have the same dreams for our children and our future.  Mine just happen to include more material stuff. Shocker. Oh, but don't let the big guy fool you he is a snob too.  I'm just open about my snobbery whereas he is a SS {secret snob}.

Fiscally responsible to a fault, obsessive about organizing our recycling bin and in huge denial about how badly our dog behaves.   I've yet to meet someone so brutally honest.  He's the guy that says exactly what everyone is thinking but too scared to say.  Everyone excludes the bleeding heart liberal {let's all sing MJ's Heal the World} Obama supporters.

He's all mine folks.  Be jealous.

We bicker, bitch and fight. Talk in circles about my spending habits and his asinine work schedule.  But it works and simply because we never give up.  We work hard.  We work very hard to make our marriage and life work.  Its much easier to quit or simply throw something away when it's broken than to stay and fix it.  This is the problem with my generation and it drives me nuts.  It's not easy.  Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

Okay, I'll stop. Getting a little too mushy. I know. Sorry. You just barfed in your mouth.  So did I.  Anyway, you get my point. I think.  Love to the SS on his birthday. He's lucky to have me.  I make his life interesting and costly.

Cheers to some b-day police humor

Visualize M in that Little Tikes Cozy Coupe 









 Love it. This beauty needs a place in our home.

I'm off.  Need to grab a bday gift for my man - with his credit card of course.  Ouch. xox



No comments: