Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Digits

Digits. Numbers. I need em'.  I've lived in our humble abode for five years now and I still don't have house numbers.  My hubby came home with $2.00 plastic numbers from Home Depot over the summer and  I tossed them in the trash before he could even take them out of the packaging.  I'm sure I also said something along the lines of "don't insult me."  I believe that comment resulted in the standard lecture from the big guy.... snob....get over yourself....who do you think you are....does it matter what the house numbers look like....why don't you go work overtime and pay for something. Blah. Blah.Blah.

One lecture later and we are still numberless. Woof. Ideally I would like to stencil our house number on or below the door in fun cursive writing. What exactly is fun cursive writing? Not sure. I'll let you know when I figure it out.  There is a house in Swampscott that I've been stalking for quite some time with the same house number (44) stenciled above the door.  Next time I run by panting and dripping in sweat I'll be sure to knock on the door and ask if I can borrow her stencil. He haw.

Here are some pics from my Pinterest board. PINTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who doesn't love the Chatham numbers?  These bad boys are sprinkled all over M'Head.  Adorbs but not justifiable. I could buy a new pair of TB flats for $235.  Obv a $235 pair of shoes is well worth the investment and much more practical than a wooden  plaque that is going to get abused by the elements of New England weather.  Who brought the smart gal?

Stencil envy.





Gorg.



Funky.

Planters.






Seasonal.



See ya tomorrow. xox



No comments: