Tuesday, January 8, 2013

4 sale

Greetings buddies.  Big day over here for the F family.  Sent out M's 2nd birthday invites, my Kate Spade spring bag arrived and we placed our house on the market.  After successfully convincing the big guy that we should move as opposed to doing our 3 phase addition I have decided I no longer want to leave our humble abode. Shocker.  Big shocker.  As you can imagine my hubby is thrilled with my indecisiveness.

So, the house is listed and will stay listed (I think) and the main reason I don't want to leave - MY WINDOW TREATMENTS.  Almost every window in our home is dressed in custom made roman shades or cornices.  I will admit I did make cornices this summer for my daughter's new room and have yet to hang them.  Not my fault.  I have been asking my husband for months to hang them and like the typical man he still has yet to do so.  Yup.  He has two speeds - slow and reverse.  Me on the other hand; well I'm perfect.

Anyway, back to what's important: my shades and cornices. I spent hours perusing spoonflower for the perfect fabric then proceeded to work with my curtain gal (she's the sweetest) to create what I think are gorgeous window treatments.  Now I must leave them behind?  It's a travesty really.  Yes,  I could take the said window treatments with me but what are the chances they will work in our new space?  Oh wait, what new space?  We have nowhere to go.  Smart.  Moving with a 23 month old, 10 week old and special needs dog.  Wicked smart.

Side note- spoonflower is a fantastic site.  Check it out when you have about 60 hours of free time.

Onward we go.  In honor of my shades and cornices I will share some of my fav treatments. Perhaps some of these will grace the windows of my new imaginary space.







Source: bhg.com via Rebecca on Pinterest






Source: bhg.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


Beautiful right?  Well, stay tuned.  Not sure I'm sold on leaving my home just yet.  Oh and the real reason I don't want to leave....I love my window treatments, but not as much as my neighbors. xox

No comments: