Thursday, January 30, 2014

Rainbow Doom

Morning. Before I enlighten you with this next rash of BS I need to make a correction to yesterday's I am amazing post. My friend (the one I almost ran over while not paying attention and most likely speeding) reminded me last evening that she was also pushing her infant son in the stroller when this alleged offense occurred. Yup. Only thing I can say about this - the title of the post should have been I AM UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING.

If you can move on from that....let's talk about the Rainbow Loom.

I'm not fan and I don't even own one. M, like every other tot in the world is crazy over making those gawd awful bracelets, necklaces and rings. I'm well aware of fact that the doom loom is a fun little activity to keep them occupied. Trust me.  Anything to keep my children entertained and I'm on board unless of course it involves the annoying voice of a bald four year old named Calliou or the loom of doom.

Pictured below is the problem {I'm not talking about NPF4's hairline, although it is something to be admired}























Look at that - the little fella is standing on a rocking chair. Unattended. Crying. NPF4 climbed up and couldn't figure out how to get back down. Where am I? Snapping a photo of course. Right on. Please, don't forget to click the mom of the year button at the bottom of this post when you're finish reading.  I'm worthy. Truly, I am.

Back to my doom loom rant. Those tiny elastics are everywhere. They are littered {ahem} throughout the house. I find them in the dryer, under the covers of my bed, on the floor, in-between the couch cushions and most recently in NPF4's toots. Nothing like giving your child a good ole' wipe to learn that he ingested a small elastic band for dinner last night. On the positive side -  it was purple, M's fav color.

There are a couple things I can do to address this problem:

Get rid of NPF4. I could easily pack up his stuff and drop him off at my parents and pick him up in say seven years, which is prolly the age he'll stop putting junk {aside from my cooking} in his mouth. At the same time I can also drop off the dog.  I don't need to pick him. He can take up residence at my parents.  Permanently. Woof. This seems like the logical option.

Another option involves me parenting.  What?  Yes, like actually watching my child to make sure he doesn't put things like Rainbow Loom elastics in his mouth. This is also a seemingly good option but unfortch out of the question. xox











No comments: