Saturday, February 23, 2013

Couch Crisis

Is there any such thing as a stunning sectional?  The big guy thinks we need one for our new family room.  Oh wait, we don't have a new family room.  It doesn't exist quite yet. We took our humble abode off the market a few weeks ago. Construction. Two year old. Four month old.  Special needs dog. Anyone have the number of a good divorce attorney? Ouch.

Yup, we decided on the addition instead of packing up 5 years worth of crap that has managed to seep it's way into every available crevice (great word) in this home.  I imagine that once construction begins this blog will end up chronicling ever single home decor argument I have with my hubby.  If anyone out there is actually reading this blog - stop in April when we break ground.

So back to my crisis.  Sectional or no sectional?  Not a fan.  Never have been.  I recognize they are comfy and provide ample seating.  Comfy is good.  Extra seating is also good but only if you have friends and since my hubby and I are both type A having people over is an ordeal because then our house may get dirty. Yes, this is how we think. Plus, we have no friends - not enough that would fill up a sectional anyway. 

My last gripe with sectional sofas is that they encourage fatness.  They are so big and comfy that you just get lost in them for hours on end watching mindless television.  Nobody in this family aside from my 4 month old premie can afford to gain so much as one pound.  I've said my piece. Now somebody get me junior beef from Kelly's with extra mayo.

After sectional stalking on the web, here are some photos that I deem stunning.  You will never see any of these in my home because my hubby will claim they are not kid friendly.  Ugh.

Jonathan Adler = STUNNING.  Color = EXTRA STUNNING.




Horchow
Source: horchow.com via Rebecca on Pinterest



S&L - always stunning.


PB


Layla Grayce - Best. Stuff. Evah.


Stunning or not?  You decide. xox



No comments: