Wednesday, April 17, 2013

and so it begins...

Monday marked the first day of construction at our home.  I should be much more excited but I'm not at the moment. I refresh the Boston.com page about 100 times a day waiting for new stories or photos of the Marathon.  Debbie Downer today. Ugh, sorry.

In an effort to lift my spirits {and hopefully give you a chuckle} I'll write about what I am thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for makeshift, ghetto fencing. Part of our wood fence had to be removed in order to get the excavator into the backyard.  In an effort to keep our pal Brody from escaping our contractor erected {great word} the most ghetto of all fences. Seriously, between the mud, fencing, and plastic toys in my yard it looks like a scene from Dukes of Hazard.

Apparently I failed to inform our contractor of Brody's penchant for eating through screens and fences.  After all, my furry lil' fella did eat through a screen at our last home, jump out the window and was spotted roaming the streets of Salem by a neighbor that recognized his shaggy stride.  Brody is a special dog - special in the sense that he would ride the short bus if one existed for pooches.

I digress. Back to the fence.  Brody can easily eat through, tear apart or jump over our new makeshift flimsy fence.  I did not say any of this to the contractor when he asked if the fence was okay for the Bro.  I smiled and told him it was just perfect.  I lie.  I'm on the fast track to hell my friends. I would be thrilled if he scaled the fence and ran down route 128 and ended up at my parents house.  They need a dog.  I can provide them with one.  It's the prefect scenario.  But instead, Brody will jump over the fence and then go sit on the front step and bark until someone lets him in.  The dog simply won't runaway.  So, I am thankful - not that he won't runaway but that I am making it a tad easier for him to do so. Perhaps he'll come to his senses sooner rather than later and opt for 128 instead of my front stoop...




Stay tuned folks.  We've got a long road ahead of us and lucky for you you're coming along for the ride. xox

No comments: