Thursday, March 29, 2012

One Fish Two Fish

Morning mates.  I'm lost at sea.  I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to decide what I want to write about today.  Stop judging.  Yes, I do believe I've got tons of important things to share and yes, I have the time (even tho I lie and tell you I don't) to write about them.   Thrifty Thursday, Thoughtless Thursday, House Hunting, Wheaten Greetin'. Those are just a few of the many important things I feel compelled to share with you.  Stay tuned.  I'll be writing about them all at some point when I have the time.  Ooh.

I opted to write about how I'm home decor forward.  Does that even make sense?  I'm pretty certain that is how Tim from Project Runway would define my decorating.   Hi Tim.  I discovered Sugarboo and FishAye Trading Co. before Pottery Barn.  That counts for something right? Home decor forward.  It exists. 


So here's my story.  Pay attention.  I live in a small seaside community.  Every store is obsessed with nautical. (insert smile here)  I spotted the Red Snapper picture in the window of a local store.  Asked my husband if he would buy it.  No.  If memory serves me correctly the pic was priced at over $250.00.  For the next  two years every time I would go in the store I would stare at the pic but couldn't justify spending the money.  Rarely happens.  I typically justify any and all overpriced items. 


...................
................................(I'm fast-forwarding)
.....................................................................


This past summer my mom was down the Cape (aka Cape Cod) and saw this picture at some outdoor market.  Yes, I showed this picture to her numerous times when it was in the store window.  Smart move.  Very smart move.  My mom ended up purchasing the pic for me at the outdoor market believing that she was actually getting it at a discount.  Little did I know (or mom) that the $140.00 she paid for the pic is the actual price listed online through FishAye.  Whoot for not overpaying.  Womp for inflated prices in my seaside community.



                                                       Hello my little Red Snapper



Swimming right along.  PB is now selling this handsome fella. I prefer the Snapper but to each his own.  How much do you love the driftwood frame?????


See you on-board tomorrow.  That is if this home decor forward gal has time. 


1 comment:

irishdoghouse said...

Love the frames and the pictures. Of course I have it in my head that one day I will make this a DIY project. :)